Experto en investigación en poscosecha
26 de diciembre de 2002
Syngenta busca cubrir el cargo de profesional en bioquímica y fisiología poscosecha para desempñar labores en su sede de Almería (España); en el texto expandido están descritas las característias del puesto (en inglés), así como a quién y dónde enviar el\1CV\2
Syngenta - Role Profile
1. ROLE DETAILS
Indicative Salary Range: To be confirmed
Reports to: Program Leader Fruit Quality (Hans van Doorn)
Based in EAME, Spain, El Ejido
HR Manager responsible: Nuria Constans
Role Title: Senior scientist Biochemistry and Fruit Quality
2. ROLE PURPOSE
1. Develops and introduces high throughput solutions for the measurement of fruit quality traits for fruity vegetable crops.
2. Introduces post-harvest technology for the maintenance of relevant quality traits in fruity crops in the company .
3. Recognises, develops and implements innovative solutions for the measurement of fruit quality traits in collaboration with external commercial and scientific partners in the vegetable business chain.
4. Provides relevant fruit quality information of fruity vegetable crops to breeding and marketing teams for the efficient development of new varieties with high expression of quality traits and their commercialisation.
1. Development of post-harvest protocols for consumer driven quality traits in fruity vegetable crops.
2. Definition of consumer preference and segmentation for (new) quality traits in fruity vegetable crops by means of consumer preference mapping.
3. Introduction of modified atmosphere packaging technology in the Biochemistry and FQ team.
4. Interface between development/breeding and the marketing teams for fruit quality projects and technological innovations.
5. Development of models and tools to estimate fruit quality losses in transit.
4. KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Ø Experience and in-depth understanding of the post-harvest physiology and technology of fruity crops.
Ø Experience and knowledge of the analytical biochemistry of fruit quality traits.
Ø Educated with the principles and purposes of consumer preference mapping and the definition of optimal product profiles for consumers.
Ø Experienced with the utilisation of gas and liquid chromatography for post-harvest technology related analysis of gases and measurement of consumer quality traits in fruity vegetable crops.
Ø Familiar with the application of advanced statistical tools for data analysis.
Ø At least MSc level
Ø Professional and commercial attitude.
Ø Flexible and independent.
Ø Creative and innovative thinker.
Ø International orientation.
Ø Stress tolerant.
Ø Fluent in English, Spanish, other EU languages desirable.
Ø Good team player.
Ø Analytical skills.
University diploma or PhD in the field of (Agricultural) Biochemistry and Post-Harvest Physiology.
Experience of 3 years in the field of Biochemistry and Post-Harvest Physiology research of fruity crops.
5. COMPETENCIES FOR APPOINTMENTS
Essential Competencies for appointments Key behavioural indicators
Performance Orientation Understanding of key performance driversGoes beyond achieving set targets to pursue opportunities
Customer Orientation Knowledge and insights about customers and needsProvides leading technology/solutions to customers
Change Orientation Deals with ambiguity, complexity and uncertaintyNot accept current, initial sit'ns or 1st options
Leadership Displays self confidence and convictionSets clear, high, achievable standards and goals
Organisation Effectiveness Develops networks across the organisationSeeks/shares best practice & develops synergies
Strategic Ability Recognizes relevant innovations with added value for b´nessBuilds comm's & implements strategy successfully
Other Behaviours Critical for the role:
Ø Ability to deal with multi-cultural differences in own team and with external contact partners.
Ø Ability to deal with continuous change.
Ø Ability to deal with complex Business Activities in multi-cultural environment.
Ø Act and be perceived (internally and externally) specialist in the field of fruit quality.
Ø Ability to select the best option from a range of technological solutions.
Ø Creative, innovative and independent thinker
6. CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS/KEY CHALLENGES IN FIRST 12 MONTHS
Ø Have equipment and experimental design for post-harvest modified atmosphere studies running by June 2003.
Ø Have gas and liquid chromatography equipment for quality trait measurement operational by June 03.
Ø Is integrated in the Biochemistry and FQ team and defined projects by April 03.
Ø Has build up effective interaction with the breeding and marketing teams with respect to the running projects by the end of 03.
Ø Characterization of respiration rates of main varieties by year end 03
Signed: Peter van der Toorn
Role Title of Signatory: Development Leader
Date: November 14, 2002
The CV shall be sent to:
Ms. Núria Constans,
Syngenta Seeds S.A.,
indicanting "FQS" as reference.